Our school is committed to providing your child with a safe, supportive and inclusive learning environment, with high quality teaching and learning to ensure your child achieves their social, emotional and academic best.
The school has many productive partnerships and programs which are enhancing your child’s education
- Teachers participate in extensive professional learning in teams, this including peer observation to constantly improve their teaching practice;
- Specialist teachers in Science, Indonesian Language, Physical Education, Visual Arts, Music and Instrumental Music;
- A multi-functional outdoor classroom area known as the “Pally Patch”;
- Sustainability initiative across the whole school such as compost, recycling, water harvesters, Waste Wise, Solar Power which are leading the school to be a “Carbon Neutral School”;
- Continued development of partnerships with the Murdoch University Pre-service Teaching Program, Fremantle Literacy Centre, City of Melville, Meerilinga Young Children’s Foundation, School of Special Educational Needs, the Fremantle Language Development Centre and the Riverside Schools Network;
- Palmyra Primary School has a committed Parent & Citizens and a high functioning School Council with broad parent and staff representation.
Palmyra is a progressive school that is moving forward together on an exciting school improvement journey.